Yesterday my Sunday school class learned about Zacchaeus. I read the story from The Jesus Storybook Bible and then we made this craft.
The children first used a brown crayon to color a large popsicle stick to serve as a tree trunk. Then, they decorated a small wooden spoon to represent Zacchaeus.
A small green paper plate cut in half represented the leaves of a tree. I cut two small slits in it for the spoon to fit in.
We used packing tape to attach the “tree trunk” to the “leaves”. The finishing touch was to glue a small piece of paper to the front which explained what the lesson was about.
Of course, we had to sing “Zacchaeus Was a Wee Little Man” to finish our lesson.
Previous Sunday School Crafts
- Handprint Earth (Creation)
- Apple Tree & Snake (Adam & Eve)
- Noah’s Ark
- Tower of Babel
- Star Cookie Cutter Painting (Abraham)
- Cotton Ball Ram (Abraham & Isaac)
- Handprint Heart (Jacob, Rachel, & Leah)
- Joseph & the Coat of Many Colors
- Baby Moses
- Moses & the Burning Bush
- Moses & the Parting of the Red Sea
- The 10 Commandments
- Handprint & Footprint Angels
- Baby Jesus in the Manger
- Shepherd & Angel Craft
- Joshua & the Battle of Jericho
- Jesus Gets Baptized
- Fishers of Men
This post contains an affiliate link. Thanks for supporting this site.